Chicago Awash in TV Pilots
Vince Vaughn is one of many stars shooting TV pilots in Chicago this year.
If you've seen film crews buzzing about your neighborhood and wondered what they're up to -- they're probably filming a TV pilot.
Six TV pilots are shooting in Chicago this year, the Sun-Times' Stefan Esposito reported.
Stars like Vince Vaughn; William H. Macy; John Larroquette, of "Night Court" fame; Dylan Walsh, from "Nip/Tuck;" and Michael Rapaport are some of those involved in the shows.
Here's the list of pilots shooting in Chicago that Esposito culled:
- "Pleading Guilty," starring Larroquette, is a legal thriller about the goings-on inside a high-powered law firm.
- "Ride-Along," starring Jason Clarke, of "The Brotherhood," and Jennifer Beals, is about a wisecracking Chicago cop.
- "Matadors," starring Michelle Borth of "The Forgotten" and Zach Gilford of "Friday Night Lights," is a melodrama in the vein of "Romeo and Juliet."
- "The Line," starring Rapaport and Walsh as ATF agents.
- "Shameless," starring Macy as the alcoholic father of a large, unconventional family.
- "Firsts," directed by Vaughn, about a couple of guys just out of college and adjusting to the real world. Vaughn was recently spotted shooting at the Choo Choo restaurant in Des Plaines.
If a single one of the shows gets picked up, it could mean $50 million a year for Chicago's economy.