Boy Electrocuted While Washing a Horse

Autopsy confirmed electrocution

By Ivanna Hampton
|  Thursday, Jul 8, 2010  |  Updated 6:45 AM CDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Second City Animal Stories

Getty Images

Nov 1996: A horse at a Japanese stud farm in Hokkaido, Japan. Mandatory Credit: Anton Want/Allsport

advertisement
Photos and Videos
More Photos and Videos

A 11-year-old boy was electrocuted while washing a horse in a barn in an unincorporated area outside New Lenox.

Charles Chase Niemeir, of the 500 block of North Marley, was pronounced dead at Silver Cross Hospital in Joliet Tuesday, according to the Joliet News-Herald.

The boy, who was washing the animal, turned on a fan which is believed to have short-circuited, said Will County Sheriff's police spokesman Pat Barry.

An autopsy confirmed Niemeir died from electrocution.

An investigation underway considers the child's death an accident.

No charges are expected, said Barry.


 

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
What's New
Get Our Weather App
Stay ahead of the storm with the NBC... Read more
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out