After a 2-1 victory in game two, Blackhawks fans are beginning to taste victory. The team is closing in on its first Stanley Cup Championship since 1961.
Can they get it done? Here’s what the experts say:
- Chicago is the odds-on favorite. Since the best-of-seven format was introduced in1939 the winner of Game 2 has taken home the Stanley Cup 76% of the time. [USA Today]
- One Prongered defense not working. The Flyers need a third defensive pairing, because, as Game 2 proved, asking Chris Pronger to do the work of two men is not best answer. [Philly Daily News]
- MVP Annti. Rookie goalieAntti Niemi now sports a 2.40 goals-against average and .919 save percentage in the playoffs. To think there were questions about his worth early this season. [ESPN]
- Blaze beats brawn. The Flyers hold the edge in hits over the Blackhawks, 37 to 35 but its not enough to cripple the speed and accuracy of the Chicago squad. [Philly.com]
- Panic Button: Not an option for the Flyers? The team’s confident it can carry over its third-period enthusiasm into Wednesday’s Game 3 in Philly. (Don’t forget, Philly trailed the Bruins by three games to none in the NHL Eastern Conference semifinals.) [NHL.COM]
The next game is 7pm Wednesday in Philadelphia.
Full Blackhawks Coverage:All the good stuff's right here.