Chicago saw another hot, violent weekend with at least 11 people injured in several shootings between Sunday and Monday mornings, according to police reports.
No arrests have yet been made in the following incidents, police say:
- An argument between two men erupted in gunfire just before 7 p.m. Sunday. One man shot a second three times. The 32-year-old victim was taken to Stroger Hospital in stable condition.
- A 27-year-old woman was shot in the head during a drive-by shooting on the 11100 block of South Ewing Avenue around 9:15 Sunday night. She was standing in a garage with a group of people when someone in a gray vehicle opened fire. Police say she’s in critical condition Monday morning.
- A 17-year-old boy was shot around 10:30 Sunday night while standing with a group of people on the 1300 block of West 96th Street. He was hit in the upper right leg and is in good condition Monday morning at Advocate Christ Hospital in Oak Lawn.
- About an hour later, a 47-year-old man was shot in the abdomen during an argument on the 5200 block of West Crystal Street. The gunman ran off. His victim was taken to Stroger Hospital in serious condition.
- About 10 minutes later, a 19-year-old man was walking down the 5400 block of West Washington Boulevard when another man walked up and opened fire. He was taken to Stroger in critical condition with wounds to his chest and his hand.
- Two 19-year-old men were shot on the 8400 block of Kingston Avenue just before midnight Sunday. One man refused medical treatment for a graze wound to his leg. The other was taken to Christ Hospital in good condition.
- A 13 year-old boy is being treated at Holy Cross for a gunshot wound to the leg he sustained while standing in the street on the 7200 block of South Campbell Avenue around 12:30 Monday morning. So far, police have no motive for the shooting. The boy denies being in a gang.
- A man and woman were sitting in a vehicle on the 7200 block of South Dobson Avenue around 12:30 a.m. Monday when another car pulled up next to them and a gunman inside opened fire. The 54-year-old man and 56-year-old woman were both shot in the head. Both victims were taken to Stroger Hospital in critical condition.
- A 31-year-old man was shot in the back and received a graze wound to his head while getting into a car with a group of friends on the 5500 block of South Pulaski Road around 1:50 a.m. Monday. The group was arguing with a man in another vehicle, who opened fire. His friends drove him to Holy Cross Hospital. Doctors there transferred him to Christ Hospital, where he remains in guarded condition.
Last weekend, five were killed and 23 hurt in shootings and stabbings.