$15K Reward Offered for "Bully Bandit"
Officials said they believe Saturday heist was the man's 11th robbery in the Chicago area
The “bully bandit” has hit 11 banks in the Chicago area since November.
The FBI is offering a $15,000 reward for the man dubbed the "bully bandit" after a Saturday bank robbery in the Logan Square. Officials said they believe it's the man's 11th robbery in the Chicago area.
Wearing a black jacket with a black hoodie underneath, the man robbed a Chase Bank branch at 2639 N. Milwaukee at 2:30 p.m., stealing $2,000, officials said.
The "bully bandit," named by the FBI due to his aggressive manner, has hit 11 banks in the Chicago area since November 2012. His first robbery occurred at a North Community Bank at 1600 W. Chicago on Nov. 28
Officials described him as a Hispanic man in his late 20s to early 30s who stands about 5 feet, 7 inches to 5 feet, 8 inches tall. He has a medium build and a mustache, authorities said.
The man is suspected of robbing the following banks over the past year:
- North Community Bank, 1600 W. Chicago, Chicago, IL on Nov. 28, 2012
- Chase Bank, 4440 West North Avenue, Chicago, IL on Dec. 6, 2012.
- PNC Bank, 6620 W Ogden, Berwyn, IL on Dec 11, 2012.
- PNC Bank, 6650 W Cermak, Berwyn, IL on Dec 27, 2012.
- Plaza Bank, 5601 West Belmont, Chicago, IL on January 18, 2013.
- Chase Bank, 5620 West Belmont, Chicago, IL on January 29, 2013.
- Chase Bank, 6532 West Cermak, Chicago, IL on February 11, 2013.
- Chase Bank, 4854 West Irving Park Road, Chicago, IL on February 12, 2013.
- Chase Bank, 3339 W Belmont Ave, Chicago, IL on February 15, 2013
- Plaza Bank, 5601 West Belmont, Chicago, IL on March 29, 2013.
- Chase Bank, 2639 N. Milwaukee. Chicago, IL on April 13, 2013. 2:22PM
Anyone with information should call the FBI at 312-421-6700.