The newest TV show set in Chicago may be coming to a neighborhood near you this fall.
NBC's "Chicago PD," a spinoff of "Chicago Fire," is set to film scenes next week in Pilsen.
According to notices posted in the neighborhood, parking will be banned on several streets on Sept. 10 from 11 p.m. and all day Sept. 11.
The new show revolves around the fictional District 21 of the CPD, and focuses on uniformed cops who patrol the beat and deal with street crimes, and the Intelligence Unit that targets organized crime, drug trafficking and high-profile murders.
The lead characters include actors Jason Beghe, who had a recurring role as a detective on Chicago Fire and also starred in Showtime's "Californication," and Jon Seda, who also appeared on Chicago Fire as a detective and starred in HBO's "Treme."
Parking for the Pilsen shoots will be restricted on:
- Both sides of Wood from 18th Street to 19th Street
- Both sides of 18th Street from Wood to Paulina
- North side of 18th Street from Paulina to Ashland
- Both sides of Paulina from 16th Street to 1850 S. Paulina
- North side of 19th Street from Wood to Wolcott
- The alley between Paulina and Ashland and between 18th Street and 17th Street