"Check, Please!" Host Search Narrows To Five
Four women and one man will vying for coveted role
And then there were five.
The producers of "Check, Please!" are one step closer to finding a replacement for longtime host Alpana Singh, whittling down its search to five finalists.
Four women and one man are now in the running for the coveted role:
- Senam Amegashie: Freelance writer
- Sarah Levy: Pastry chef and food consultant
- Catherine DeOrio: Food consultant
- Donny de Castro: Owner of Tavern at the Park
- Ina Pinckney: Chef/Owner of Ina's Kitchen
More than 900 people initially applied for the position earlier this year. Seventeen applicants competed in an online poll launched in March.
The finalists will be featured on a special segment of the WTTW show, and the eventual winner will be announced at the end of the month.