Former "American Idol" host Simon Cowell may be considered a boor by millions of viewers for his combative behavior, but the Queen of England has a more rarefied title in mind for the wise cracking show man.
The man behind the forthcoming "Idol" challenger "X Factor" is set to become a knight, reports the New York Post.
A formal announcement will be made on December 31 when the Queen's New Years Honors List is released.
When Cowell was mentioned as a potential candidate for knighthood in 2009, he felt his chances were "less than zero," but said that the honorific had a "nice ring to it."
According to reports that first surfaced in London's Daily Mail on December 19, the volatile talent judge received backing from both Labour and Conservative party politicians for his contributions to the advancement of music and the entertainment industry at the national and international level.
However, the Mail says that the knighthood award is more to recognize fundraising efforts Cowell made for victims of Haiti's devastating earthquake earlier this year. He is also the patron of the Children's Hospices UK.
The soon-to-be Sir Simon will launch "X Factor" in the U.S. in September 2011. The former Sony record executive was one of the original judges on the American version of "American Idol" and also created the "X Factor" and "Got Talent" franchises which air in 44 countries around the world.