Accused Shawn Johnson Stalker Can Be Tried

Tuesday, Oct 13, 2009  |  Updated 10:00 PM CDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Accused Shawn Johnson Stalker Can Be Tried: Judge

A judge says there's enough evidence against a man accused of stalking Shawn Johnson for the case to go to trial.

advertisement

A judge says there's enough evidence against a man accused of stalking Shawn Johnson for the case to go to trial.

Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Michael Carter made the ruling after concluding a preliminary hearing for Robert O'Ryan, who has been jailed since his arrest in March. Authorities say he trespassed on the lot where "Dancing With the Stars" is taped and tried to contact Johnson.

VIEW THE PHOTOS: Shawn Johnson- From Olympic Gold To 'Dancing' Darling

The 17-year-old Olympic gold-medal gymnast won the dancing competition earlier this year.

Johnson and her parents have obtained a civil restraining order against the 34-year-old Florida man. Authorities said they found a pair of loaded guns in O'Ryan's car and that he drove from Florida to Los Angeles to try to meet Johnson.

Related Content from AccessHollywood.com:
VIEW THE PHOTOS: 'Dancing With The Stars' Season 8 Cast Revealed!
PLAY IT NOW: Shawn Shimmies & Shakes To Win 'Dancing' Mirror Ball
PLAY IT NOW: Police Dashboard Camera: Shawn Johnson's Alleged Stalker Pulled Over (March 19, 2009)

MORE ACCESS ON THESE TOPICS: Shawn Johnson - Dancing With the Stars - Courts - Jail

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
What's New
Get Our Weather App
Stay ahead of the storm with the NBC... Read more
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out