Food Network star Sandra Lee plans to head home soon following a hospitalization for complications from a recent double mastectomy.
In a message posted to her Facebook page, a representative for Lee says the 49-year-old "Semi-Homemade Cooking" star will be allowed to go home over the weekend but will be on "heavy antibiotics" as she continues to fight an infection.
The representative says Lee may face additional surgery next week after doctors review her progress.
"She has had an incredibly difficult road of it, and in light of everything going on, she had been able to maintain her positive attitude and can-do spirit," the representative said in the post.
Lee was taken to the hospital Tuesday night after some sort of fluid buildup from the double mastectomy she had in May.
Her boyfriend, Gov. Cuomo, left Billy Joel's concert at the Nassau Coliseum, the final show at the venue before it shuts down for a major renovation, and has stayed close to Lee following her hospitalization.
Lee revealed her breast cancer diagnosis in May on ABC's "Good Morning America." The cancer was found after a routine mammogram. She said she decided to talk about her illness to encourage other women to get screened.
"If it saves one person, and makes one more person go get a mammogram, and if they're sitting down right now watching this, don't watch this TV," she said during the interview. "Go pick your phone up and call your doctor and get your rear end in there and get a mammogram right now."
Lee is a cookbook author, magazine publisher and television chef. Lee and Cuomo, a Democrat, share a home in Westchester County.