50 Cent Pleads No Contest to Vandalism

Monday, Oct 28, 2013  |  Updated 3:44 PM CDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Spooky Halloween Home Decorations

Evan Agostini/Invision/AP

Curtis "50 Cent" Jackson attends the premiere of "Escape Plan" at the Regal E-Walk on Tuesday, Oct. 15, 2013 in New York.

Photos and Videos
More Photos and Videos

Rapper 50 Cent has been sentenced to three years of probation after pleading no contest to vandalism in a case filed after an alleged fight with his ex-girlfriend earlier this year.

Los Angeles City Attorney's spokesman Frank Mateljan says the rapper, whose real name is Curtis Jackson, was ordered on Monday to pay $7,100 in restitution and take year of domestic violence classes.

Jackson had previously pleaded not guilty to destroying items in his ex-girlfriend's condo during a June argument. The woman had accused Jackson of breaking down a door and kicking her, but the domestic violence charge was dropped Monday.

Mateljan says the rapper must comply with a restraining order.

Attorney Scott Leemon said Jackson is pleased the case is resolved and the domestic violence charge was dropped.

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
What's New
Get Our Weather App
Stay ahead of the storm with the NBC... Read more
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out