Harrison Ford's Leg Injury Suspends "Star Wars: Episode VII" Production for 2 Weeks

Disney announced Sunday that shooting would be halted for two weeks in August to adjust the production schedule following Ford's injury.

By The Associated Press
|  Monday, Jul 7, 2014  |  Updated 11:33 AM CDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print

YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN...

    Photos and Videos
    More Photos and Videos

    Harrison Ford's injury will cause production on "Star Wars: Episode VII" to be suspended for two weeks.

    Disney announced Sunday that shooting would be halted for two weeks in August to adjust the production schedule following Ford's injury. The 71-year-old broke his leg in June during filming of the much-anticipated sequel at Pinewood Studios outside of London.

    Disney had said earlier that Ford's injury wouldn't cause any delays. The studio said Sunday that "Episode VII" is still "on track" to wrap in the fall and be released in December 2015.

    The accident involved a spacecraft door on the Millennium Falcon falling on Ford's leg. His recuperation was expected to take up to two months.

    Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
    View Comments (
    )
    |
    Email
    |
    Print
    Leave Comments
    What's New
    Get Our Weather App
    Stay ahead of the storm with the NBC... Read more
    Follow Us
    Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
    Send Us Your Story Tips
    Check Out