Director Roman Polanski is finishing a film from his prison cell where he is fighting extradition charges for a 1977 sex charge.
Director Roman Polanksi will be moved from his Swiss prison cell to his chalet in an Alpine resort within days, Swiss authorities said.
Polanski, who will be sprung as soon as he posts bail, will have to wear an electronic monitoring bracelet and stay under house arrest during his extradition proceedings.
Earlier this month, a French lawyer for the director said his client would make an offer in a "very, very significant" cash bail offer. On Wednesday, a Swiss court received that offer -- $4.5 million -- and granted bail.
The Swiss Justice minister said he sees "no reason" to appeal Polanski's bail. If released from jail, Polanski would be kept under house arrest and electronic monitoring at his Swiss chalet.
The Swiss Criminal Court still considers Polanski a high flight risk. Its ruling Wednesday said the new bail offer was significant enough to offset those concerns.
"The 76-year-old appellant is married and the father of two minors," the court said. "It can be assumed that as a responsible father he will, especially in view of his advanced age, attach greater importance to the financial security of his family than a younger person."
The decision does not affect the Swiss government's ongoing assessment of whether it should extradite Polanski to the U.S.
LA County prosecutors did not comment on the development. Not surprising -- the DA hasn't said much since Polanski's arrest.
Polanski, arrested Sept. 26, is wanted in the U.S. for having sex with a 13-year-old girl in Los Angeles in 1977. Polanski fled the U.S. before sentencing.
California appellate court will hear arguments Dec. 10 about whether the case against Polanski should continue.