For the second year in a row, a Chicago restaurant has topped TripAdvisor's annual ranking of the country's best fine dining destinations.
“You will be there for four hours," a TripAdvisor reviewer said, "but it will be four hours of culinary ecstasy! Each course is carefully prepared and executed like a work of art. The mix of flavors and presentation is unparalleled.”
Can you guess?
Yes, the chef Grant Achatz-led Alinea reigned supreme for its second year, topping Victoria & Albert’s in Orlando, which ranked second, and Per Se in New York City, which came in third.
TripAdvisor noted Achatz revamped Alinea's interior and menu "that promises a timeless spin on the freshest food" for the restaurant's 10th anniversary.
The famed Lincoln Park eatery was awarded Restaurant of the Year at the James Beard Foundation Awards earlier this year and ranked fifteenth on the prestegious. World’s 50 Best Restaurants list.
“Thanks to insights from the millions of tastemakers in the TripAdvisor community, we’re excited to recognize the top restaurants around the world,” said Barbara Messing, chief marketing officer for TripAdvisor. “This esteemed restaurants list can be consulted for a special night out, a meal without breaking the bank, or anyone looking to book a special gourmet getaway."
Here are the Top 10 Fine Dining Restaurants in the U.S.:
1. Alinea – Chicago, Illinois
2. Victoria & Albert’s – Orlando, Florida
3. Per Se – New York City, New York
4. Halls Chophouse – Charleston, South Carolina
5. Bouley – New York City, New York
6. Charleston Grill – Charleston, South Carolina
7. Daniel – New York City, New York
8. Restaurant Gary Danko – San Francisco, California
9. The French Laundry – Yountville, California
10. Mama’s Fish House – Paia, Hawaii