Mayor Richard Daley on Friday offered up a bunch of tasty Chicago treats in a friendly wager with the Atlanta Mayor Kasim Reed.
The city's teams, of course, will go head-to-head in the next series of the NBA Playoffs.
"We all know how much Chicagoans care about their sports teams," Daley said at the City Hall event. "The kind of excitement the Bulls are creating brings people together and is great for the spirit of our city.”
"I truly believe they can go all the way," he said.
The wager is Daley's last as mayor. Mayor-elect Rahm Emanuel is sworn in May 16. If the Bulls and the Hawks force a Game 7, it'll tentatively set to take place on May 15.
Among the items in Daley's wager:
- Abundance Bakery: Three dozen Bulls Red Velvet Cupcakes
- Affy Tapple: 10 Cases of Affy Tapples
- Azteca Foods: Flour and Corn Tortillas and Chips
- C.J. Vitner Snack Co.: Sizzlin’ Hot Crunchy Kurls, Popcorn and Potato Chips
- Connie’s Pizza: 20 Cheese and 11 Sausage
- Fontanini Italian Meats: Three Cases of Italian Beef
- Gonnella Baking: A Three-foot Super Sub Sandwich
- Robinson’s Ribs: Three BBQ Sauce Gift Sets
- Vienna Beef: 2,011 Chicago Style Hot Dogs
- Sam’s Lasagna: Chicken, Veggie and Turkey Lasagnas
Any food products that Chicago wins in the bet with Atlanta will be donated to the Chicago Food Depository.