Ward Room
Covering Chicago's nine political influencers

William Cellini Has Another Health Scare

Email
|
Print

    NEWSLETTERS

    Longtime Illinois powerbroker William Cellini has had another health setback as he awaits sentencing after he was convicted of conspiring to extort a Hollywood producer.

    Cellini spokesman Richard Ciccone said Tuesday that Cellini was released late last week from a Springfield hospital where he was treated for a blood clot. Ciccone said doctors worried the deep vein clot could travel to Cellini's heart and lungs. Cellini suffered the clot just weeks after a heart attack.

    He is undergoing treatment for the clot.

    The 77-year-old Cellini faces a 30-year prison sentence. A federal jury convicted him in November of conspiring to shake down the Oscar-winning producer of "Million Dollar Baby" for a contribution to imprisoned former Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich's campaign.

    Cellini is to be sentenced July 23.