Competitor Magazine recently released their list of the 50 best running stores of 2013, and Illinois racked up the most nods with six stores featured in the annual list, more than any other state. We're also home to the final winner of the contest, Naperville Running Company, who also won the competition in 2009.
The 50 Best Running Stores in America contest begins over the summer with nominations from runners, followed by mystery shopper evaluations, credit ratings from vendors, and community involvement assessments.
The six Illinois stores that took home the honor this year are:
- Dick Pond Athletics, Schuamburg
- Fleet Feet Sports in Old Town, Chicago
- Geneva Running Outfitters, Geneva
- Go Outside and Play Running Company, Galesburg
- Running for Kicks, Palos Heights
and the ultimate winner of this year's competition is: