You'll come to learn, I have a magical ability to motivate players to prove me wrong. Whenever I call out a 'Hawk or opponent in The Committed Indian, my print publication, they're almost a lock to score.
- Sunday was a penalty filled game, which led to the 'Hawks having a shortened bench. That said, let's not make a habit of Patrick Sharp, Jonathon Toews, and Bolland skating for more than 20 minutes.
- Niklas Hjalmarsson seems to be skating better the past couple games, which leads me to wonder if he was carrying an injury before. But the Hawks have never covered up any injury info in the past, so what a ridiculous notion!
- Hey guys? When that dude on the Flames who wears No. 12 backs up into the slot, someone should probably go with him. He's only got 450 goals to his name.
- According to some of our sabermetric numbers that we'll be using a lot around here, Brian Campbell is the Hawks best penalty killer right now. So for all those mouth-breathers who wail about his contract, here's another thing he does pretty well.
- That said, he can't simply leave the play to get his stick when two Flames are charging the net as if it were the last keg at a frat house.
- Jeremy Morin was sent down today, but I think he'll be back up Wednesday in the ol' Stan Bowman's Cap Saving Wild Ride to Rockford.
- With Kane out for some time, the Hawks are short of scoring even if Hossa is back on Wednesday.
Sam Fels is the author, editor and publisher of "The Committed Indian" an unofficial fan guide to the Chicago Blackhawks.