With only 24 days to go until the Chicago Blackhawks congregate in South Bend, Ind., for the first day of training camp, the Hawks are enjoying their last moments of summer bliss, but we are still scouring the web for headlines about your favorite hockey team.
- Reminder: Blackhawks single-game tickets went on sale at 10 a.m. Monday. [Blackhawks.com]
- Andrew Shaw's stitches from the wound he suffered during Game 6 of the Stanley Cup Final are currently being auctioned off on eBay. The price is surprisingly high, but that is a good thing, as proceeds benefit the V Foundation for cancer research. [eBay.com]
- Blackhawks broadcaster Eddie Olczyk was part of the coverage team over the weekend that televised the Arlington Million horse race, but things didn't end very smoothly. [Daily Herald]
- As part of Pro Hockey Talk's coverage of the Blackhawks on Friday, Jason Brough raised an interesting question: will goaltender Corey Crawford be part of the team's roster after he becomes a free agent following the 2013-14 campaign? [Pro Hockey Talk]
- Speaking of Crawford, Fansided had a nice recap of some of his best saves during the 2013 season. [Blackhawk Up]
- The Rockford Icehogs announced that they will be hosting their 3rd annual Birdies and Blades Golf Outing on Wednesday, Oct. 2 at Elliot Golf Course in Cherry Valley. The proceeds benefit youth hockey programs in the Rockford community. [IceHogs.com]
- Finally, the Hawks have been posting a series of videos on their website that chronicle how each of their players came to play the sport of hockey. The current subject of that series is defenseman Duncan Keith: