Patrick Sharp (Photo by Christian Petersen/Getty Images)
As promised, Madhouse Enforcer is proud to present Hawks Headlines, a series of posts designed to track down the latest news surrounding the Chicago Blackhawks. We’ll also have random videos and stories that can be found around the web, so if you’re ever wanting to get your Hawks fix, you have to look no further than right here.
- Marian Hossa and Patrick Sharp will miss Monday night’s game. Both are still considered day-to-day, and Sharp did take contact in practice today, so it seems likely that he will return to the lineup either Thursday against St. Louis or Saturday against Nashville. [ESPN Chicago]
- Blackhawks head coach Joel Quenneville swapped around his defensive pairings on Sunday in response to the recent struggles of Johnny Oduya and Niklas Hjalmarsson. The moves seemed to work out well, as Tracey Myers reports. [CSN Chicago]
- Mark Lazerus has a nice piece on Hawks forward Brandon Saad, who had a ridiculous game against the Wings on Sunday if you missed it. [Chicago Sun-Times]
- A couple of trade deadline posts to wrap up here. Al Cimaglia has some thoughts on the aborted trade that could’ve sent Islanders defenseman Lubomir Visnovsky to the Blackhawks, as well as the possibility of acquiring Mark Streit. [Fox Chicago]
- Finally, Jay Zawaski has some thoughts on what the Hawks could potentially do at the deadline, which falls on Wednesday. He discussed the possibility of the Hawks trading away Viktor Stalberg or Daniel Carcillo to add a piece, and continued his crusade against the potential acquisition of Mike Riberio. [Red Light District]