With 50 days remaining until the Chicago Blackhawks open their Stanley Cup title defense, Madhouse Enforcer is still on the job and bringing you the latest headlines about your favorite hockey team.
- Reminder: tickets go on sale at 8:30am Wednesday morning to the Blackhawks' training camp at Notre Dame. [Blackhawks.com]
- Hawks head coach Joel Quenneville had a reunion with Ron Francis, Kevin Dineen, and several other former teammates of his with the Hartford Whalers earlier this week at a party along Lake Michigan in Chicago. It was a cool sight to see, and was a nice flashback to the bygone Brass Bonanza days. [Blackhawks.com]
Here is a video for those who don't understand that reference to the Whalers' goal song:
- With seven weeks left until the season starts, fans are starting to get ready for the fantasy hockey season, and NHL.com says that defenseman Nick Leddy is a player to keep an eye on in your drafts. [NHL.com]
- Last Friday, defenseman Brent Seabrook and his wife Dayna welcomed their son to the world: Carter Seven Seabrook. [Chicago Tribune]
- Antti Raanta is a foreign player because of more than just his nationality. Scott Powers explains why his approach is so different from so many other goaltenders in the league. [ESPN Chicago]
- Finally, the Hawks have had their issues with restricted free agents being shipped out of town, but they didn't this year. Sam Fels explains why other teams are running into that issue. [Real Fans Program]