As promised, Madhouse Enforcer is proud to present Hawks Headlines, a series of posts designed to track down the latest news surrounding the Chicago Blackhawks. We’ll also have random videos and stories that can be found around the web, so if you’re ever wanting to get your Hawks fix, you have to look no further than right here.
- We have quite a bit of coverage on the NHL’s decision to add five more outdoor games to the league schedule, and we’ll start with Brandon Saad’s comments on the game. As a Pittsburgh native, he’s excited to face his hometown team next March. [Pittsburgh Tribune Review]
- Tracey Myers feels that the game is part of a larger mistake by the league, saying that it will take away from the uniqueness of the Winter Classic. [CSN Chicago]
- There are some, however, who feel like the league is absolutely right to expand the outdoor slate. [The Hockey Writers]
- Chris Kuc has his own reaction to the story, and he features some comments by Patrick Sharp from a Hawks practice at Soldier Field over the winter for context. [Chicago Tribune]
- Mark Lazerus steps away from the outdoor analysis to talk about Michal Handzus’ performance with the Blackhawks since his acquisition near the trade deadline. [Chicago Sun-Times]
- Finally, Niklas Hjalmarsson sat down with the Blackhawks’ official website to describe his life in Sweden, as well as his transition to the NHL.