In this edition of Hawks Headlines, we take a look at what we learned from the Chicago Blackhawks’ victory over the Vancouver Canucks on Saturday, read about a veteran that is excited to return to the Hawks’ lineup on Monday, and what Murray BANNERMAN (emphasis Pat Foley’s) has been up to lately.
- First and most importantly to a Hawks team that keeps going through issues with their forward corps, Michal Handzus will likely make his return to the lineup on Monday night against the Edmonton Oilers. Needless to say, he is excited to come back. [CSN Chicago]
- Scott Powers has a nice rundown of what fans learned about the Hawks after their 2-1 victory over the Vancouver Canucks on Saturday night. [ESPN Chicago]
- Greg Boysen had an interesting conversation with former Blackhawks goaltender Murray Bannerman recently, and he opened up about playing behind Tony Esposito, and also revealed who some of his favorite teammates were during his tenure with Chicago. [Second City Hockey]
- If you missed it over the weekend, Hawks forward Marian Hossa returned to Chicago on Saturday to attend to a family matter. There is no timetable for Hossa to come back as the Hawks continue their circus trip. [Chicago Sun-Times]
- The Blackhawks are going to be in for an interesting test on Monday night when they battle the Oilers, and Chris Kuc has a good preview of what Chicago will hope to accomplish in the game. [Chicago Tribune]
- In another story that came out as last week ended, we wanted to pass on news that the Blackhawks are planning on donating $200,000 to charity to help in relief efforts after a series of tornadoes struck the state of Illinois. Awesome. [Blackhawks.com]
- Finally, the Rockford IceHogs beat the Charlotte Checkers on Saturday night to break a four game losing streak. [IceHogs.com]