As promised, Madhouse Enforcer is proud to present Hawks Headlines, a series of posts designed to track down the latest news surrounding the Chicago Blackhawks. We’ll also have random videos and stories that can be found around the web, so if you’re ever wanting to get your Hawks fix, you have to look no further than right here.
- On Sunday afternoon, the Hawks were without Patrick Sharp, but they also got back center Dave Bolland. Mark Lazerus does a nice job of wrapping that game up, as well as updating Sharp’s status for Monday night (he’s likely out). [Chicago Sun-Times]
- Chris Kuc has more from Bolland about his performance in his first game back Sunday, as well as a video of Marian Hossa talking about the contest. [Chicago Tribune]
- The Rockford IceHogs handed out their team awards over the weekend. Brandon Pirri and Martin St. Pierre shared the team’s MVP Award, and Jimmy Hayes was honored as Man of the Year, among others. [IceHogs.com]
- With their win Sunday, the Blackhawks are within four points of clinching a playoff berth. Rob Rains has a lowdown on the math. [ESPN Chicago]
- Finally, for those of you who are hoping to see Jonathan Toews and Patrick Kane engaging in Olympic combat, some good news emerged over the weekend, as the NHL and International Olympic Committee met to discuss the possibility of pro players heading to Sochi for the 2014 Winter Olympics. [ESPN]