The Chicago Blackhawks may be getting some much needed rest after taking care of business against the St. Louis Blues, but Madhouse Enforcer is still rolling on as we take a look at this Wednesday edition of Hawks Headlines.
- We start out with Tracey Myers detailing how the Hawks spent their Monday and Tuesday off away from the rink, and says that the rest will be beneficial to the team as they await their next opponent. [CSN Chicago]
- Patrick Sharp finally got off the skids as he picked up a goal in Sunday’s win over the St. Louis Blues, but the forward isn’t content with just one, and that’s a good thing for the team. [Daily Herald]
- Will prospect Kevin Hayes ink a contract with the Blackhawks? Scott Powers went digging for the answer to that question. [ESPN Chicago]
- The Blackhawks may not be spilling the beans on who they hope their opponent in the second round will be (we weighed in on this topic Tuesday), but if Mark Lazerus had to guess, he’d say… [Chicago Sun-Times]
- Jay Zawaski did some guessing of his own on the topic of who the Hawks should be rooting for in Wednesday’s Game 7 between Colorado and Minnesota. [CBS Chicago]
- The Florida Panthers, who fired Kevin Dineen midseason, have decided to part ways with interim head coach Peter Horachek, meaning that they will be looking for the 13th coach in their brief history. Could former Hawks GM Dale Tallon come calling for Eddie Olczyk to get another shot behind an NHL bench? [Chicago Tribune]
- Finally, some fans got into a bit of trouble in Philadelphia last night as the Flyers forced a seventh game against the New York Rangers. [Deadspin]