The Sochi Olympics may still be over five months away, but the players for Team USA and Team Canada have gathered in their respective nations for orientation camps, and Madhouse Enforcer has the lowdown on what the Chicago Blackhawks' contingents at the camps are doing.
- A quick note before we get to the actual headlines. If you purchased tickets to the Hawks' games against the Calgary Flames on Nov. 3 or Nov. 10 against the Edmonton Oilers, the game time has been moved to 6:30 p.m. Central time. The Hawks also announced that their game on Jan. 28 in Calgary will now be played at 8:30 p.m., and their game Jan. 29 in Vancouver will be played at 9:30 p.m.
- Patrick Kane, Brandon Saad, and Nick Leddy posed for their team headshots at the US camp in Virginia, and the results were, in a word, interesting. [Blackhawks.com]
- The Hockey News has announced their pick as Stanley Cup champion in the 2013-14 season, but it isn't the Blackhawks. Rather, it's one of their Central Division foes. [CSN Chicago]
- Patrick Sharp may not have played for Team Canada in the 2010 Olympics in Vancouver, but he has a good shot at making the roster this time around. Chris Kuc as more (digital plus subscription required). [Chicago Tribune]
- Shawn Thornton of the Boston Bruins still feels the sting of the team's six game loss to the Hawks in the Stanley Cup Final. [Big Bad Blog]
- If you could change anything you wanted to about the NHL, what would it be? Skyler Peters weighs in with some suggestions. [Blackhawk Up]
- Finally, could Corey Crawford actually be the number one goaltender for Team Canada? It isn't out of the realm of possibility, as he looks to compete with Roberto Luongo, Mike Smith, and more for the coveted spot. [CBC]