The Chicago Blackhawks may be enjoying their summer, but we have a fresh batch of headlines about your favorite hockey team. Feel free to read them while lounging by the pool or enjoying the summer sunshine.
- In our story from yesterday about United Center officials removing the "Madhouse on Madison" signs at the arena, we neglected to mention that our friends at the blog Puckin' Hostile had broken the story on Twitter on Tuesday afternoon. Here is their story on the removal. [Puckin Hostile]
- Nikolai Khabibulin may have missed some big years in the Hawks' history, with Stanley Cup championships in 2010 and 2013, but the team is still optimistic that he could be part of something special in the upcoming season. [ESPN Chicago]
- On Tuesday, we discussed the play of Hawks prospect Teuvo Teravainen at the World Junior Championships camp in Lake Placid, and Tab Bamford has your update on how the proceedings are going. [Committed Indians]
- Sam Fels has an interesting take on the intersection between sports and entertainment. [Committed Indian]
- Hawks defenseman enjoyed his day with the Stanley Cup in the Czech Republic this week as the chalice makes its way around Europe. [NHL.com]
- Finally, the Hawks have been releasing videos of the panels at their recent Convention at the Chicago Hilton. Here is the "Chicago's Most Wanted" panel, moderated by Rob Johnson of CBS 2: