Rep. Bobby L. Rush on Monday expressed outraged upon learning for the past two decades over 11,000 citizens in the Village of Crestwood drank poisoned tap water from a well operated by the village.
Gov. Pat Quinn is also demanding answers from the Illinois Environmental Protection Agency about why residents were not notified about the water problems.
According to recent reports, residents were exposed to perchloroethylene (PCE), a chemical linked to cancer, liver damage and neurological problems and linked to a local dry cleaner.
[April 19: Report Focuses on Crestwood's Water Woes]