At least 10 people were treated for chemical exposure after a "chemical improvised device with possible toxic substances" was found in a hallway of a southwest suburban high school this morning.
Firefighters and police responded to a call from Lockport Township High School’s Central Campus at about 8:30 a.m.
The campus was put on lockdown at 7:42 a.m, according to information released by Lockport Township High School District 205.
The statement said that a plastic bottle was releasing black smoke and possibly chemicals as students were starting the school day.
Eight to 10 ambulances were sent to the scene, and nine students and a staff member were treated for possible exposure to their eyes and skin.
The building was not damaged.