As fast as Groupon rivals pop up, they seem to fade away just as quickly: Yelp is following Facebook’s lead and backing away from its daily deals. Time Magazine explains why the zeal for deals is dwindling, for consumers and businesses. And Zynga’s IPO is going to be delayed until mid-fall due to SEC questioning, similar to the probing of Groupon.
- Yelp scales back deals. (Bloomberg)
- Time Magazine explains why daily deals are losing appeal. (Time)
- Zynga’s IPO’s been delayed due to SEC questions. (CNBC)
- Groupon founders' Lightbank is part of a group injecting $4 million into E la Carte, which makes tablet computers for restaurants. (Crain’s)
- Today’s Deal: $50 for 50-Minute Deep-Tissue Massage w/Therapeutic Hot Pack at Elizabeth Adam Salon and Day Spa – Chicago ($110 Value)