The latest news to watch about Groupon: philanthropy. The company is teaming up with Chicago Public Schools to help buy school supplies for low-income students. Daily Deal Media tallies the number of daily deal aggregators to date, and a few new competitors emerge. Also, another lawsuit is settled, this time between Groupon, Apple, and Walker Digital, the founder of Priceline (and leader of many, many lawsuits).
- Groupon adds more philanthropy to its list with school supplies. (NBCChicago).
- The number of deal sites designed to round up your favorite deals from popular sites is growing. (Daily Deal Media).
- …As is the list of direct competitors. (SFGate).
- And Groupon, Apple and other companies reportedly settled disputes over patent infringement of Walker Digital (ZDNet).
- Today's Deal: $22 Mani/Pedi from Sonia Herbal Beauty Salons.