It probably won’t come as a surprise that Groupon co-founder Eric Lefkofsky is a billionaire, according to Forbes’ annual list of richest Americans. LivingSocial may raise more than $200 million in funding that would give it a valuation of as much as $6 billion, rather than heading toward its IPO soon. Also, religious groups – some offering deals on challah, some offering discounts on Christian albums – are getting into the daily deal market. There’ll be a Muslim site soon, too. Read more:
- Lefkofsky named one of richest Americans. (NBCChicago)
- LivingSocial considers raising IPO funding to $6 billion valuation. (Bloomberg)
- Religious groups are getting into daily deals. (The Christian Century)
- The Groupon of employee perks. (CNET)
- Today’s Deal: $19 for One Ticket to See Social Distortion at Riot Fest at Congress Theater (Up to $41.39 Value).