Groupon’s rejected suitor Google has purchased the daily deal aggregator Dealmap, carving a trail for itself into the daily deal market. Competition started heating up for Groupon last week as AmazonLocal went live in Chicago, and the Wall Street Journal describes the Groupon clone atmosphere as “bigger and meaner” than it has been in the past. Also, LivingSocial is entering the Korean market, and what would the day be without another Groupon challenger? Read on:
- Google buys daily deal aggregator Dealmap. (Techcrunch)
- The Wall Street Journal delves into Amazon’s dip into Chicago’s daily deal market. (Wall Street Journal).
- Wall Street Investors continue to sound the alarm over another dot com bubble. (USA Today)
- Direct Groupon competitor LivingSocial scoops up South Korea deal site. (Financial Times).
- Rue La La, owned by eBay, charges into Groupon’s space. (Chicago Tribune).
- Today’s Deal: $20 for $30 of Authentic Mexican Fare and Drinks at Adobo Grill.