Groupon’s got one less rival this week: Facebook dropped its daily deal business last week. It might help push more traffic to Groupon, which saw fewer visits to its site this summer as the market gets more and more saturated. And LinkedIn’s CEO talks about Groupon’s growth and IPO filing in an interview.
- At least one competitor has dropped out of the race. (Reuters)
- But a study shows that overall, traffic to group-buying sites slowed this summer. (Marketwatch)
- A Reuters blogger analyzes the future of Groupon’s business model. (Reuters)
- And another summarizes the traffic flow of online coupons. (Small Biz Trends)
- LivingSocial’s CEO comments on Groupon’s forthcoming IPO. (Wall Street Journal)
- Today’s Deal: $59 for a Dental Exam, X-rays, and Cleaning at Chicago Dental Professionals ($305 Value)