Surprise, there's more competition for Groupon: Amazon.com Inc has launched a local deals site in New York, now making its presence felt in 30 cities.
The lawsuit over keywords started by a California tour operator will proceed, according to an attorney involved in the case. Also, Groupon writers are doing well enough to warrant a spot on Bravo’s Millionaire Matchmaker, and the Chicago Tribune is getting in on the Groupon action (see today's deal below).
- AmazonLocal launches in New York.(Reuters)
- The Calif. class action suit against Groupon will go forward. (Reuters)
- A Groupon writer is looking for love and is apparently a millionaire. (Chicago Sun-Times)
- One of Groupon’s competitors breaks down its S-1 filing for tips on growth. (Marketwatch)
- Today’s Deal: $20 for Sunday “Chicago Tribune” Home-Delivery Subscription (Up to $207 value)