A portion of the food and goods that Chicago will send to Green Bay Mayor Jim Schmitt if the Bears lose Sunday's NFC championship game.
After sending off visiting Chinese president Hu Jintao, Chicago mayor Richard Daley got down to some important business: making a bet with the mayor of Green Bay, Wisc., over Sunday's football game.
"This is going to be a tremendous game. I mean, you think about the history of the two teams and the cold weather. This is perfect for the two teams. It's going to be a tough, good game," said a Bears cap-adorned Daley.
Chicago's wager includes:
- Connie’s Pizza: 20 spinach calzones and 11 cheese-less pizzas
- Hashbrowns: 15 pounds of sweet potato, killer and regular hashbrowns
- La Preferida: an assortment of authentic Mexican food products including refried beans, jalapeño peppers,
- organic products, salsas, tortillas and seasonings
- Kasia’s Deli: two cases of beef pierogi
- Kim & Scott’s Pretzels: the “Sweetness Package” of 34 sweet, stuffed soft pretzels
- MacArthur’s Restaurant: one dozen BBQ turkey legs
- Manny’s Cafeteria: 24‐inch‐long football‐shaped corned beef and pastrami combo sandwich with
- everything…except cheese
- Miss Lee’s Good Food: baked and grilled herbal chicken with brown rice
- Schaller’s Pump: 45 pieces of fried chicken
- Tootsie Roll: 25 pounds of tootsie rolls
If Green Bay loses, Mayor Jim Schmitt will send to Chicago:
- American Foods Group: Case of (bear) steaks
- Seroogy’s: Three pound chocolate football
- Parallel 44 Vineyard & Winery: case of "Frozen Tundra" wine
- Pizzona’s Restaurant: 12 pack of New Glarus Spotted Cow beer
In addition, if the Packers win, Schmitt will send Daley one pound of cheese for every point of victory margin.
Anyting edible that Chicago wins will be donated to the Greater Chicago Food Depository.
Incidentally, Daley wouldn't say whether or not he'll attend Sunday's game.
"I'll decide that at the last minute," he said.