Since Phil Emery came aboard as the Bears general manager, Grizzly Detail has offered our assistance in helping the man find some first-round draft picks.
The big change from the draft last year? We knew last year Chicago wanted an offensive lineman. It was going to be Gabe Carimi or Derek Sherrod. This year? There is little agreement on what the Bears need or who can fill that need best. The Emery Board is all over the place.
Since it's draft day, we thought it might be nice for Phil to have all our suggestions in one place. And Phil? You're welcome.
- Quinton Coples, defensive end, North Carolina: Though he has the same alma mater and size as Julius Peppers, the similarities end there
- Jared Crick, defensive end, Nebraska: Can play at both tackle and end
- Stephen Hill, wide receiver, Georgia Tech: A receiver who impressed Lovie Smith
- Chandler Jones, defensive end, Syracuse: An athletic player who can grow into the Bears system
- Peter Konz, center, Wisconsin: Could give the Bears flexibility and convert more cheeseheads to Bears fans
- Luke Kuechler, linebacker, Boston College: A linebacker who isn't as needed now that the Bears signed Geno Hayes
- Whitney Mercilus, defensive end, Illinois: Disrupts offenses and causes turnovers
- Kendall Wright, wide receiver, Baylor: Brings flexibility to the Bears receiving corps