In this Friday edition of Bears Bites, we take a look at the slew of coverage from this week’s Senior Bowl in Alabama as the team prepares to begin rebuilding their defense. We also take a quick look another coach that the Bears have added to their staff.
- What five Senior Bowl players could best fill gaps on the Bears’ defense? Adam Hoge has more on several guys that you should pay attention to as the NFL Draft draws closer. [CBS Chicago]
- Yahoo! Sports has a full recap of all of the Senior Bowl festivities, in case you’re feeling ambitious about learning as much as you can about the NFL Draft prospects. [Shutdown Corner]
- The Bears are in desperate need of defensive tackles with both Stephen Paea and Henry Melton potentially on their way out of town, but which rookies should the team be taking a look at? Patrick Finley has a few guys that you should keep an eye on. [Chicago Sun-Times]
- The Bears are also going to be looking to bolster their safety position through the draft as well, and Florida State’s Terrence Brooks could be a good fit for the team, according to Dan Wiederer. [Chicago Tribune]
- Will the Bears switch to a 3-4 defense next season? With Paul Pasqualoni and Reggie Herring, both of whom have gobs of experience with the system, being added to the coaching staff, it looks as though the Bears are at least exploring the idea. [CSN Chicago]
- 35-year old Clint Hurtt, who was a defensive line coach with the University of Louisville, has left the school and is going to be taking a position on the Bears’ coaching staff, according to ESPN’s Brett McMurphy. There has been no announcement by the Bears as of yet. [ESPN Chicago]