Jay Cutler isn't expected to play much tonight. (Photo by Leon Halip/Getty Images)
Good morning and welcome to Bear Bites, your morning rundown of Chicago Bears news. Read on for the latest on Cutler's growth, the transition to Trestman and roster decisions.
- Jay Cutler has been around Chicago long enough that we really know him as football player. One columnist is wondering what's so special about him. (Chicago Sun-Times)
- Cutler has long been vocal about what he thinks is best for the offense. This week, he's hoping to get a chance to do some game planning for Thursday's pre-season game. (ESPN Chicago)
- The Bears broke camp with a united front. One player called the transition from Lovie Smith to Marc Trestman "seamless." (Chicago Tribune)
- Devin Hester is happy to be on returns only. He said it was his decision to give up receiving. (Chicago Sun-Times)
- Roster decisions on the line will be tough. Is Trestman sending a message to J'Marcus Webb? (CSN Chicago)
Copyright NBC Owned Television Stations