It all starts with Quarterback Jay Cutler, who is playing for a contract this season and needs to turn in consistent numbers and a winning record while running his fourth offense in five years.
Good morning and welcome to Bear Bites, your morning rundown of Chicago Bears. Read on for more of Jay Cutler's contract status and what could affect it, new guys on the O-line, and the Bear whose family double in size in one day.
- Jay Cutler's contract is up this year. Have the Bears already made a decision on his future in Chicago? (CSN Chicago)
- A big piece of what will dictate Cutler's future is how he gets along with the staff. His relationship with Aaron Kroner, Marc Trestman and Phil Emery is key. (ESPN Chicago)
- Though Brandon Marshall soared, the rest of the receiving corps stagnated. See what a new coach with a fresh perspective had to say about them. (Chicago Tribune)
- Mike Ditka may have Chicago Bear roots, but he's honest about the best quarterback. He says Aaron Rodgers is the best in the league. (CSN Chicago)
- There are several new guys on the offensive line this season. There could be four new starters. (Windy City Gridiron)
- Defensive lineman Stephen Paea added to his family in a big way over the weekend. His wife gave birth to triplets. Triplets! (Instagram)
Copyright NBC Owned Television Stations