Good morning and welcome to Bear Bites, your Monday morning rundown of Bears news.
- Bears coaches are staying busy during the lockout with football enrichment activities. (Chicago Tribune)
- Speaking of the coaches, they didn't support the brief the National Football Coaches Association filed in support of the players in the lockout antitrust case. (ChicagoBears.com)
- Long-snapper Patrick Mannelly, one of the Bears most consistent players, isn't so consistent on the golf course. (Chicago Tribune)
- Willie Gault can still run a sub-4.4 forty-yard dash. He'll turn 51 in September. (Daily Herald)
- Gale Sayers and Mike Ditka spent the weekend raising money for retired players who have debilitating injuries from their football days. (Windy City Gridiron)
- During last week's lockout meetings in St. Charles, Cowboys owner Jerry Jones was the life of the party at McNally's Irish Pub. (Pro Football Talk)