Mike Tice gives instructions to players during a summer training camp practice at Olivet Nazarene University in Bourbonnais.
Good morning and welcome to Bear Bites, your morning rundown of Bears news. Read on for news about Mike Tice's future plans, Brian Urlacher's use of a painkiller, the importance of special teams, how Matt Forte's coach feels about the Pro Bowl and which Bear will join Forte in Hawaii.
- Mike Tice will stay in Chicago. The Raiders opted not to interview him for their head-coaching job. (ESPN Chicago)
- Brian Urlacher said he used a painkiller that is legal but has been connected to kidney failure. (Chicago Tribune)
- The 49ers' and Ravens' problems with special teams showed just how important Bears special teams coordinator Dave Toub is. (Chicago Sun-Times)
- Running backs coach Tim Spencer has mixed feelings about Matt Forte heading to the Pro Bowl. (Chicago Tribune)
- Speaking of the game in Hawaii on Sunday, Julius Peppers will play in it, filling in for New York's Jason Pierre-Paul. (Chicago Tribune)
Follow Grizzly Detail on Twitter.
Copyright NBC Owned Television Stations