Good morning and welcome to Bear Bites, your daily dose of Bears news.
- In today's depressing lockout-is-near news, the NFL wants more money from the players. The players won't give until they see the owners' financials, proving that the owners are in the financial dire straits that they claim. (Sun-Times)
- On the flip side, the good news is that Dan Rooney, the Pittsburgh Steelers' owners' son, is at the negotiating table. The Rooneys have been a voice of sanity throughout the negotiations, so hopefully Dan is being heard. (Shutdown Corner)
- Mel Kiper Jr., the ESPN draft guru with immovable hair, thinks the Bears will take Colorado offensive tackle Nate Solder with their first draft pick. (ESPN Chicago)
- If you need a new wallpaper for your computer, use this one of Lance Briggs. If not, he'll tackle you. Do you want that to happen? No. Of course you don't. (Windy City Gridiron)
- From the Department of Why Not: Brian Bosworth and Jim McMahon after a game in 1987. (Sports Illustrated)