Good morning and welcome to Bear Bites.
In case you missed it Thursday night, the lockout is still on. The owners voted to approve their deal, but the players said they weren't going to be pressured into approving a deal they hadn't even looked at. Lockout news first:
- Here is the email the players association sent to the players. They are concerned that tying recertifying the union to the deal violates labor laws. (NFL Network)
- Though the players aren't playing by the owners' timeline, they do want to get back to football. They are reportedly hoping to vote by today. (ESPN)
- There is not a firm date for the start of Bears training camp, but Olivet-Nazarene University and Bourbonnais are ready and waiting. (Chicago Sun-Times)
And now happy, non-lockout news:
- Congratulations to tight end Dez Clark and his wife, who welcomed a son into the world early this morning. (Twitter)
- Anthony Adams has had a busy off-season. He has been working on an MBA, and has a new baby. (Chicago Tribune)
- The Bears will need to add 36 players to get to the league's training camp roster of 90. (ESPN Chicago)
Follow Grizzly Detail on Twitter.
Copyright NBC Owned Television Stations