Good morning and welcome to Bear Bites, your morning rundown of Chicago Bears. Read on for the latest on Bears' training camp, how rookie Jon Bostic is handling the pros and who will be the next owner of the Bears.
- Across the NFL, key players went down with season-ending injuries. The Bears faced their first practice wearing pads with caution. (Chicago Tribune)
- Rookie Jon Bostic is learning all he can from the Bears' linebackers. He doesn't see himself as replacing Brian Urlacher. (Chicago Sun-Times)
- Marc Trestman helped Jay Cutler improve his mechanics. But will Cutler return to his old ways when the heat is on during a game? (ESPN Chicago)
- Sedrick Ellis retired after he was given a signing bonus by the Bears. What happened to the money? (Chicago Tribune)
- Martellus Bennett is impressing with his ability on the field. Off the field, he's cracking everyone up. (Chicago Sun-Times)
- Will the McCaskeys continue to own the Bears after Virginia McCaskey dies? Yes, but it's complicated. (Chicago Tribune)