Good morning and welcome to Bear Bites, your morning rundown of Chicago Bears news. Read on for the latest on why the pre-season matters, Matt Slauson's contract, and what Rex Grossman is up to.
- The pre-season has a bit more meaning for the Bears this season. There is more to watch because of the new coaching staff. (ESPN Chicago)
- New offensive linemen Matt Slauson has a one-year deal, but it's good for him. Much of the money in his contract is guaranteed. (Chicago Tribune)
- The Bears are open to trading their first-round draft pick. If they do, who are the top ILBs to pick? (Chicago Sun-Times)
- Ahhh, remember the good ol' Rex Grossman days? He is still hanging on to his NFL career. The Redskins signed him for another year. (Chicago Sun-Times)
- Jack Pardee died this week. Take a look at the playbook from one his best games, and Walter Payton's best game ever. (Windy City Gridiron)
- There's a chance you can announce one of the Bears' draft picks. Check out the contest rules here. (NFL)