Good morning and welcome to Bear Bites, your morning rundown of Bears news.
- Julius Peppers was at the Heat/Mavs game on Tuesday night. In this picture, doesn't it look like he's thinking about tackling King James? Not that we're advocating that. OK. We are. Get him, Pep! (TwitPic)
- Expect the Bears defensive line to be even more disruptive this season, through the addition of Stephen Paea and the hard work of Henry Melton. (CSN Chicago)
- Though a running back, stats show that Matt Forte was an effective receiver for the Bears. (Windy City Gridiron)
- Israel Idonije sang the seventh-inning stretch at Wrigley on Tuesday night. Unfortunately, that didn't prevent the Cubs from imploding in the ninth inning. (Cubs Insider)
- With the help of the Bears' lobbying, new youth sports concussion legislation was passed in Springfield. (Chicago Bears)