NEW YORK, NY - APRIL 26: Shea McClellin (R) of Boise State holds up a jersey as he stands on stage with NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell after he was selected #19 overall by the Chicago Bears in the first round of the 2012 NFL Draft at Radio City Music Hall on April 26, 2012 in New York City. (Photo by Al Bello/Getty Images)
Good morning and welcome to Bear Bites, your morning rundown of Chicago Bears news. Read on for the latest on what needs the Bears should address in the draft, what kind of surprise may be in store and Bears Book Club.
- With Matt Toeina gone and Israel Idonije's status still unsure, the Bears need more depth on the defensive line. They can find this in the draft. (CSN Chicago)
- Defensive line isn't the only place the Bears have needs. Unfortunately, they don't have enough draft picks to address them all. (Chicago Tribune)
- Shea McClellin wasn't the most expected pick last year. Will Phil Emery surprise us again on Thursday night? (Windy City Gridion)
- The Bears handed out the Brian Piccolo Award on Tuesday. Julius Peppers, Charles Tillman and Shea McClellin were voted winners by their teammates. (Chicago Tribune)
- Brandon Marshall and Martellus Bennett are planning to read at least two books a week during the offseason. Do you have any suggestions for them? (Twitter)
Copyright NBC Owned Television Stations