Good morning and welcome to Bear Bites, your daily rundown of Bears news.
- Chris Conte is excited to join the Bears' long history of great defenders. Though he's a California guy, he knows all about the Monsters of the Midway. (ChicagoBears.com)
- Former Bear Matt Bowen says the NFL needs to make changes in the way it handles concussions to avoid any more tragedies like Dave Duerson's. (Chicago Tribune)
- Earl Bennett got himself some new ink and, well, let's just hope the lockout ends soon so players stop getting tattoos of angel wings and roses. (Sports Buzz)
- If a draft can't truly be measured for three years, how did the Bears do in 2008? (Windy City Gridiron)
- With the legal wrangling between the NFL owners and players, the window to avoid missing games is getting smaller. (Yahoo! Sports)
Follow Grizzly Detail on Twitter.
Copyright NBC Owned Television Stations