CHICAGO, IL - JANUARY 16: Head coach Lovie Smith of the Chicago Bears reacts in the second half against the Seattle Seahawks in the 2011 NFC divisional playoff game at Soldier Field on January 16, 2011 in Chicago, Illinois. (Photo by Doug Pensinger/Getty Images) *** Local Caption *** Lovie Smith
Good morning and welcome to Bear Bites, your rundown of all the latest Chicago Bears news.
- The fans best way to honor Dave Duerson's memory would be to support the players through the labor negotiations. (Throwing Like a Girl)
- Bears alum Jim Covert spoke to a group of young people at the National Football Foundation awards, and admitted that he is still trying to process the death of his teammate. (Chicago Tribune)
- In other heartbreaking, 85-Bears news, the trial of Marni Yang, the woman who allegedly killed Shaun Gayle's pregnant girlfriend, starts next weekend. (Chicago Tribune)
- After those stories, we need a change of pace: how about Vikings spending ridiculously? The Bears opponents are enjoying the off-season. Bryant McKinnie reportedly dropped $100K on a bar tab this past weekend. (Shutdown Corner)
- If the lockout happens, the Bears aren't expected to reduce their front office staff. (Sun-Times)
For more Bears news, follow Grizzly Detail on Twitter.
Copyright NBC Owned Television Stations